- Before you can add resources to KwikText, you have to create a template to store them in.
- You can put all your resources in one template, or preferably, create different templates for different types of resources.
- A template is a plain text file that you can edit with KwikText or any text editor.
- As you drag resources into the KwikText Tree View, they're added to the template in the appropriate location.
- Here's how to create a new template:
Select New Template
- Either right-click in the Templates List window, or click the Templates button to display the templates pop-up menu.
- Then select New Template.
Enter New Template Name
- Type the new template name and press OK.
- The new template, in this case called Example, has been created. It's just an empty text file called Example.txt.
- You can now start adding resources by dragging them into the Tree View, or by editing the template.
- As you create new templates, each template name will be added, in alphabetical order, to the left-side Templates List panel. Click on a template name to open it.
- Right-click in the Templates List panel to select a list of options for templates.
- Instead of deleting a template, you can archive it. Archiving saves the template in the Archives Folder. To access the Archives Folder, click Info, then File Locations.
- Click Refresh Templates if you edit a template outside of KwikText.