Using the Password Generator
- Click the Password button to open the Password Generator.
- Click the Generate button to create a new password.
- Click the Add button to add the password to the currently selected node. The password is added with the label "Password".
- You'll usually want to select a web page resource first so the password gets added to the right node.
- You can control the number of characters and which characters are used to generate a password.
- The checkboxes on the left override everything. If a box is checked, its characters will be included. Otherwise they won't. For example, if I uncheck Numbers, no numbers will be included in the generated password.
- Set the total length of the password generated using the top drop-down box. I've selected 10 here.
- Set the minimum number of numbers or special characters using the bottom two drop-down boxes. Note that this is a minimum, and more numbers or special characters might be generated.
- Below the line that says "Use characters below:" you can choose exactly which characters are used to generate the passwords. Just type the characters you want included in the boxes provided.
- In the example above, only upper case AX and lower case O are used to generate the password. Numbers and special characters are not included because those boxes aren't checked.