KwikText License Agreement
This agreement covers software ("Software") and related explanatory written materials ("Documentation"). "Software" includes any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the Software. "You" means the person or company who is being licensed to use the Software or Documentation. "We" and "us" means O'Neill Software.
We hereby grant you a nonexclusive license to use the Software on any personal computer or private computer network.
We remain the owner of all rights, title and interest in the Software and Documentation.
You may make copies of the Software for your own use and for use by others.
THINGS YOU MAY NOT DO
The Software and Documentation are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties. You may not:
- modify or adapt the Software or merge it into another program,
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or make any attempt to discover the source code of the Software,
- sublicense, sell, rent, or lease any portion of the Software or Documentation.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS". WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE ADDITIONALLY DISCLAIM ALL OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INDIRECT AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ATTORNEY FEES AND COURT COSTS ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE LICENSED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This license agreement takes effect upon your receipt of the software and remains effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession. It will also automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this license agreement. You agree on termination of this license to destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession.
- This license agreement is the exclusive agreement between you and us concerning the Software and Documentation.
- This license agreement may be modified only by a written agreement signed by you and us.
- In the event of litigation between you and us concerning the Software or Documentation, the prevailing party in the litigation will be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and expenses from the other party.
- This license agreement is governed by the laws of the state of California.